Job Opportunity: Entry Level to Mid-Level Import Export Administrator / International Trade Compliance Licensing
Entry Level to Mid-Level Import Export Administrator / International Trade Compliance Licensing
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. – San Diego -California
Posted 14 hours ago
About this job
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable Unmanned Aircraft Systems and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity as an Import Export Administrator to work out of our location in Poway, CA.
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for planning, scheduling and routing imports and exports, including monitoring the flow of traffic to/from foreign destinations, ensuring related customer service, brokerage and customs transaction compliance. Ensures compliance with domestic and foreign regulations governing the shipment, receipt and documentation of imported/exported products. May represent the organization with internal and external import/export operations and organizations and government representatives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, schedules and routes imports and exports ensuring related customer service, brokerage and customs compliance; determines schedules and processes; reviews and modifies processes to ensure efficient flow of goods.
- Develops and maintains up-to-date accurate databases, documentation and reports to reflect import/export activities.
- May represent the organization as the primary contact with internal and external customers and government representatives.
- Ensures compliance to foreign and domestic laws and regulations regarding all import/export activities; oversees and participates in internal and external audits.
- Maintains an awareness of regulatory changes or rulings and their impact on import/exports; analyzes special programs and recommends changes to existing programs or implementations of new programs.
- Identifies import/export issues and may provide leadership in developing solutions.
- Assist with export licensing activities.
- Develop and manage comprehensive internal export and import controls to ensure compliance with US and foreign regulations in the conduct of international marketing, sales, supply chain and other business activities.
- Responsibilities include establishing business processes for submitting to and obtaining from the US government all necessary export and import licenses, permits, certifications, and technology release determinations.
- Establish operational processes for assuring trade compliance through gate reviews of technical data, foreign travel, foreign visits and export and import shipments.
- Supports the International Trade Compliance department in investigations and resolution of compliance problems, questions, or complaints.
- Establishes and maintains training and audit assessment programs to ensure implementation and effectiveness of internal controls.
- Support preparation of complex U.S. Department of Commerce and U.S. Department of State import/export authorization preparation and on-going monitoring.
- Support associated export authorization strategies.
- Generate performance metrics for export and import licensing processes.
- Demonstrates skill and ability to analyze and develop innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Work under consultative direction toward long-range goals and objectives.
- Assignments are often self-initiated with considerable latitude for independent judgment.
- Ability to determine U.S. Government Jurisdiction. Knowledgeable of MTCR.
- Responsible for ensuring all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations are observed wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Responsible for ensuring work is accomplished in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices. Other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a Bachelors or Masters degree in Business Administration, Engineering or related field and three or more years progressively complex experience with a Bachelors or one or more years progressively complex experience with a Masters, in import/export administration. Additional professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must demonstrate a complete understanding and application of import/export administration principles, theories and concepts; and leadership skills including organizing, scheduling, conducting, and coordinating work assignments to meet project milestones or established completion dates. Must possess the ability to resolve a variety of non-routine administrative and technical logistics matters and; demonstrate strong working knowledge of International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), US Customs regulations and Harmonized Tariff Schedules (HTS).
- Must be customer focused and possess: the ability to identify issues, analyze and interpret data and develop solutions to a variety of non-routine problems; good analytical, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present findings; good interpersonal skills to interact with employees, managers and customers; the ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information; the ability to plan and manage projects; the ability to represent the company as a knowledgeable resource on internal and external projects ; and good computer skills. Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance is required.
Travel Percentage Required
0% – 25%
About this company
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of privately-held General Atomics, is a leading manufacturer of Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS), tactical reconnaissance radars, and surveillance systems.
The innovation of Unmanned Aircraft Systems happened because a few smart people thought the status quo wasn’t good enough. Without creative, hard-working, and dedicated employees, we wouldn’t have the Predator, Sky Warrior, Reaper and Avenger UAS. GA-ASI now has close to 6,000 employees at multiple facilities in the San Diego and Mojave Desert areas. To meet tomorrow’s growing reliance on transformational technologies, we are looking for exceptional minds that are inventive, resourceful, and thrive in a hands-on environment.
Help build the next generation UAS, radar or surveillance system.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer